Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Garmin Express warning
  • torsoinalake
    Free Member

If you use sites like bikehike.co.uk which use the Garmin Communicator plugin to communicate over ANT+ with your GPS, it would appear that this is now deprecated by the new Garmin Express software. It looks like you are now limited to Garmin’s own software, and courses upload only worked on their ‘modern’ website version on Connect.

Of course I only discovered this last night when I tried to upload this morning’s ride to my forerunner, and had to spend an hour recreating the route on Connect instead of going to bed.

peteimpreza

I can’t even login to Garmin Connect or Express. Keep getting messages saying it’s down for upgrade.

Can you post a link to the new modern site please?

TinMan
    Free Member

Yep, same for Strava. Some sites have started paying garmin royalties for the new api. For now the only option is to uninstall express and go back to ant agent

Jamie
    Free Member

Can you post a link to the new modern site please?

http://connect.garmin.com/modern/

scotroutes

Any Garmin GPS I have lets me see the device as a remote drive when connected via USB. I then just import into Endomondo/Strava/basecamp/whatever using their “import from file” option. No communicator/express required. Export from other programs works in a similar manner.

I assumed this was the same with all the range but perhaps not?

Drac

GPSBabel might be able to convert it for you so can get ya STRAVAAAAA on.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Any Garmin GPS I have lets me see the device as a remote drive when connected via USB. I then just import into Endomondo/Strava/basecamp/whatever using their “import from file” option. No communicator/express required. Export from other programs works in a similar manner.

I thought there was some issue with the export of routes that made it more than just a copy of a file, I did try it a while back but can’t remember what it was now.

I guess the issue is more with things like the forerunner that use wireless ant+ to transfer data rather an an USB connection.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Garmin Express warning’ is closed to new replies.