Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Garmin- Excellent customer service
  • alibongo001

Hi All,

We generally get all excited and post negative experiences on the web when companies fall short of our expectations, however Garmin have just exceeded mine!

My (second hand, bought off here!) 705 fell off the road bike at about 30mph and exploded on impact with the kerb.

A couple of emails and photos were sent to Garmin, followed by a parcel, containing a brand new mount and a refurnished new unit. The unit itself was pretty much new looking!

Since I did not know how old the unit was and there was no question of any warranty, this impressed me significantly!

Just thought I would share!

monkeychild
    Free Member

WTF? My garmin which just stopped working for no reason, I had to pay for to replace. You lucky git.

faz083
    Free Member

Think you got lucky with that one (or misled them with a misleading story?). Surely no company in their right mind would replace a second hand product damaged through ‘user error’ (in the same sense that hitting a deer in a car is ‘driver error’). It was an accident, but it’s definitely not Garmin’s fault!

That said, I’ve made a couple of claims for faulty bits from them and they always replace them, no quibbles, and they come very quickly.

sbob
    Free Member

I had issues with my several year old Garmin. Let them know and had all my problems fixed within five min.

beej

Mounts for the 705 aren’t great – I’ve had a few break on me. Thankfully I’ve noticed when only one side of the mount has broken so I haven’t had the GPS come off the bike. It’s a fairly well known problem.

Garmin probably replaced because of this and that there isn’t much demand for refurbished 705s – customer goodwill would be worth more than the unit.

The twisty mounts for the 800/500+ are much better.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Garmin- Excellent customer service’ is closed to new replies.