Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • garmin edge tutorial
  • marco
    Free Member

Hi all
    Anyone know of any good tutorial websites for a Garmin edge 800?
    Have looked at help files etc but struggling with Basecamp & garmin connect. basically how to transfer routes (tracks? courses?) between the two
    Any help gratefully received
    Please, no RTFM replies as i already have done!
    Cheers

SD-253
    Free Member

This is an indirect reply and will probably be of no use to you. I use Anquet maps I create a route useing anquet and then download it into my Garmin 60cs (think thats what its called). Now not sure but I think it works the other way. Never do it any other way as I can see the route before I go either walking or cycling. I genearaly have a OS map as well as I have not yet upgraded to the newer Garmins with SD cards which have a map on them. I have been using this method for years and am very very happy with it. You maybe able to download a Anquet map without buying as they stop working if you haven’t put a code in after 1 month. Sorry if this is of no use but thought I would let you know. JB

Bushy

I don’t know of any tutorials.
    I use garmin training center rather than connect, but hopefully this will help in some way.
    In TC once you have downloaded your activity from the edge if you right click on the activity you can create a course from the activity. You can then see it on the course page.
    If you then click on send to device (with it attached) the course with be on the device and you can race against your previous effort.
    Does this answer your question?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    MulletusMaximus
    Free Member
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘garmin edge tutorial’ is closed to new replies.