Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Garmin Edge Out Front mount spares?
  • agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Can you buy the quarter turn inserts for these mounts? Looks like they are replaceable and I need a new one after a small crash damaged it. The attachment on the rear of the Edge unit is ok, I guess the mount is designed to break instead.

Anyone know if K-Edge mounts also have replaceable parts?

zilog6128

Thought I’d bump this old post as I need one too now. Much prefer the out front mount but don’t really want to pay £21 for a whole new one!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Sram do one cheaper than Garmin

Rubber_Buccaneer

K-Edge inserts were 99p last time I bought some but I don’t know whether they fit. I could check the inserts against the mount that came with my 820?

zilog6128

I could check the inserts against the mount that came with my 820?

Yeah, that would be excellent if you could, thanks! They do look similar but obviously the dimensions could be slightly different.

Sram do one cheaper than Garmin

Thanks, good as a backup option. It lacks the “sacrificial” component (which broke) in the Garmin mount though so you’d have to hope the plastic in that SRAM mount was weaker than on the back of the Garmin!

Is this the thing?

sort of, that’s a whole mount though rather than just the mounting place which has broken on mine. Not sure I’d trust my Garmin to a £5.99 eBay special though!!

Rubber_Buccaneer

I will check the K-Edge insert this evening. One thing I can vouch for is that they have so far broken in crashes without damaging an Edge 800 in the process. I would also recommend using a leash if possible

drofluf
    Free Member

sort of, that’s a whole mount though rather than just the mounting place which has broken on mine. Not sure I’d trust my Garmin to a £5.99 eBay special though!!

Been using them without issue on my bikes for about a year now admittedly with a RFLKT which is probably a little lighter than a Garmin.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I’ve just had a look at my K-Edge and my colleagues Garmin mount. My inner plastic bit screws into the metal mount from the top, ie the Garmin unit sits on the head of the screws. His Garmin mount has hex bolts that come up through the mount, ie the heads are away from the Garmin unit.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Exactly as above, not a direct replacement. The K-Edge part slots in nicely the screw holes line up but should be fitted with the supplied counterpunch screws screwed down through the mount. The Garmin part has built in nuts and is attached by screws from the underside.

cnud
    Free Member

How about these? Clicky

mikewsmith
    Free Member

so you’d have to hope the plastic in that SRAM mount was weaker than on the back of the Garmin!

Snapped 2 and the insert in the Garmin one, the SRAM ones both went at the clamp. Aside from that I’ve had some massive OTB events and it’s been fine.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Garmin Edge Out Front mount spares?’ is closed to new replies.