Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Garmin edge mounts
  • paulwf

After my old Edge 705 fell off and got ran over I have upgraded to an 810.

I now need 5 mounts – has anyone found a source for several of them?

Or should I just swap the mounts between bikes as they are just o-rings?

njee20
    Free Member

The standard o-ring packs contain two, so not too bad.

grizedaleforest
    wittonweavers
    Free Member

As above, the packs contain 2 mounts and they are not expensive. I wouldnt swap them between bikes as the o rings will stretch and become loose.

prawny

I’ve got my mtb one on a headset spacer mount, leaves room on the bars for lights and fits on a stubby stem, got it off eBay for buttons.

njee20
    Free Member

On the MTB I like the SRAM Quick view mounts, puts it over the stem quite nicely. Probably similar to the headset spacer ones, but a bit more versatile.

trail_rat
    Free Member

i put some of those superstar k edge copys on my bikes….. when they were 5.99 a pop.

i like them over the k edge as they have a plastic twist lock insert bolted in instead of a machined alloy one that eats your lugs.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ve a mixture of the o-ring mounts and out-front mounts and swap between them. I wouldn’t re-use the o-rings after fitting once, just think they may have stretched to fit one bar then not quite fit the next etc. etc.

e-bay have loads, would hazard a guess that you pick a supplier and when it asks for quantity, you add as many as you need.

Oh, have to add..

When I use mine on the CX’er (which has the out-front mount on it) if I’m riding rough (proper rough) terrain I wrap a thick elastic band around the unit, then around the mount to secure. I counter that by saying I’ve never had the Edge come off in any ride I’ve done, but when on the CX’er I kinda think it’s more secure with a band around it. Also if you wrap the band towards the top of the unit it just clears the screen so you can still swipe.

Superficial
    Free Member

Out front mount on the road and cx bikes.
    Normal o ring one for the MTB.

The o ring ones are, IME, better in a crash (the unit can twist / break off if necessary). I broke my 510 by kneeing it on the MTB whilst attached to a SRAM mount. You may be less ham-fisted (ham-kneed?).

PS whist I’ve never had one come off the mount, I’m glad the 510 has a lanyard loop so I can loop it round the bars for extra security. I don’t know why the 810 doesn’t have this.

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

i like them over the k edge as they have a plastic twist lock insert bolted in instead of a machined alloy one that eats your lugs.

K-edge’s have a plastic bit now, still bloody pricey though!!

The o ring ones are, IME, better in a crash (the unit can twist / break off if necessary). I broke my 510 by kneeing it on the MTB whilst attached to a SRAM mount. You may be less ham-fisted (ham-kneed?).

Done the same, managed to break the mount (barfly) and one tab off the back of the Garmin 🙁

paulwf

Thanks, have bought a cheap out front one for now as superstar are out of stock and a couple of the Garmin mounts.

The lanyard mount would have been a good idea for my 705 – then it wouldn’t have met an untimely death under the wheels of a van! The plastic on the back was quite worn though, which is probably why it flew off

trail_rat
    Free Member

Fwiw if you snap the tabs off the cases are availible on ebay quite cheaply nd are an easy swap.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Garmin edge mounts’ is closed to new replies.