• This topic has 10 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by gren.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Garmin Edge and ANT sensors.
  • santacruzsi
    Free Member

I got one of these bargain Edge 500’s in the week (thanks for the PSA!) but i’d like an associated sensor so i can use it on the Turbo Trainer to record my workout and if possible the ‘virtual’ turbo trainer distance. Which ANT+ device is suitable? The Speed sensor, Cadence Sensor or Speed/Cadence Sensor….or neither?!

Also do i have to use a Garmin ANT+ Sensor or can i use any?

Thanks.

Seamus
    Free Member

You can use any ant+ sensor.

thomthumb
    Free Member

You need to speed for TT distance. Cadence if you want to record cadence.

mst
    Free Member

My garmin 500 won’t recognise my speed sensor that’s strapped around my hub. I *think* you need the older 3 part speed and Cadence sensor

TedC

My garmin 500 won’t recognise my speed sensor that’s strapped around my hub. I *think* you need the older 3 part speed and Cadence sensor

Odd – I’m now running the older combined speed cadence sensors on two bikes, and the newer seperate speed(sits on the hub) and cadence (sits on the crank, no other bits required) on a third all set up as different bikes on the one 500 head unit (early 2012 vintage).

It did take a bit longer to “pair” the new sensors – more spinning of the cranks/wheel than I expected.

Once done, all fine.

mst
    Free Member

I’ll give it another go then Ted. I was concentrating on trainerroad at the time

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

mst – like TedC I’m running the newer speed and cadence device with an edge 500 and it’s working fine.

stevious

If you have more than one bike you’d like to use the new accelerometer sensors are a good investment. A couple of minutes to swap between bikes at most, and will work on full suss bikes without faff too.

Pretty much any ANT+ sensor will be compatible with the Edge though.

mst
    Free Member

A combination of fat fingers and impatience was my enemy. All sorted now

cheers

gren
    Free Member

Missus uses a Wahoo Blue SC on her TT. Speed + cadence. ANT+ or bluetooth so you can use it directly with phone or Garmin.

3 parter – main bit on the chainstay. Magnets on spoke and crank.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Garmin Edge and ANT sensors.’ is closed to new replies.