Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Garmin Edge 810
  • nsbikescore1
    Free Member

Hello all. I think I’ve narrowed my search down and decided on the 810. Can anyone tell me if it comes pre loaded with os maps or do I have to buy these? Am I right to think I can download maps for free? I will be buying just the unit not any of the packages that come with it. Cheers

stevious

It doesn’t come with any maps, but look at the TalkyToaster site for free/cheap options you can download. You’ll need a MicroSD card to put them on as the 810 has limited internal memory.

convert

Depends what option you go for with regards to the maps pre installed.

You can download free open street maps which are fine, but not quite the same as the paid for Garmin versions. Not a fan of the OS style OSM but that’s probably a personal thing.

nsbikescore1
    Free Member

Thanks, that’s really helpful as it’s been a minefield! also, how do you follow a route? Via arrow on the screen? Am I right to think that the edge series is best for mtb?

gavstorie
    Free Member

been a while since i followed a route but IIRC you follow an arrow along a coloured route on the OS map. It can be pretty handy

gavstorie
    Free Member

been a while since i followed a route but IIRC you follow an arrow along a coloured route on the OS map. It can be pretty handy

johnnystorm

Look on Ioffer.com for maps. Seller with dazzler in his username. £20 for the OS map card.

mrchrispy

been using free open street maps from day 1 and it works a treat.
    great bit of kit the 810

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Garmin Edge 810’ is closed to new replies.