Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Garmin Edge 800 Turn Navigation
  • excitable1
    Free Member

Anyone else wrestling with this ?

I only want turn navigation for new trails on un explored maps but I’ve been trying it out on local trails first. Long story short I can’t start a course with the turn navigation on without getting a erattic pink line all over the map which is clearly trying to get me to the start point even though I’m stood on the bloddy start point right outside my bloody door !

FYI Routing settings are set to Routes for Bycycle/Off Road/Road Lock On-off

pedalhead
    Free Member

I only use turn navigation for road routes as I find it goes a bit pear-shaped off-road. For the latter, I just follow the pink line.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

erattic pink line all over the map

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

I’ve posted a few times on this based on my experience with an Edge 605. As far as I can work out the problem is that ‘turn by turn’ routes work off a limited number of points so the Edge guesses which are relevant and throws away the rest (sometimes joining up points which were not even next in sequence).

HOWEVER, when in South Africa last year I was given a 60km tracklog that had been recorded on a Garmin which I was able to navigate perfectly. Can’t replicate it on anything I create though.

General advice seems to be to use Courses but they have their own problems – see my other posts.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

I only use turn navigation for road routes

Nope, I can’t get it to work properly on road either.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Garmin Edge 800 Turn Navigation’ is closed to new replies.