Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Garmin Edge 800 shutting down mid ride
  • HarYuken
    Free Member

I have a fairly new Edge 800 that I have used about 10 times. Today on my ride (road ride with minimal vibration), the unit shut down with no warning. There was plenty of battery left (80-100%). When I powered it back up, it continued where it had left off recording my ride. During a 20 minute window, this happened again twice, which was very frustrating:mad:

I did get the device mildy wet on the weekend (inside a pouch on a mountain bike ride) and I wonder if it is that.

Has anyone else got any experience of this? Should I take it back to the shop to get it replaced under warranty?

creamegg
    Free Member

Reset it. Press on/off button at the same time as pressing finger on top right of screen?

Edit. You may have to hold it for a few seconds oh and back up all your history first on pc as it will reset it to default factory settings

Dibbs
    Free Member

The Garmin forums might be a better place to look https://forums.garmin.com/forumdisplay.php?245-Edge-800

mudshark
    Free Member

I had this on a very wet ride, were you using it with an SD card? I always take mine out now when it’s wet.

HarYuken
    Free Member

If I reset to factory settings, I assume I will have to set up all my screens again (i.e number of fields)? If so I am reluctant to do that yet, as that is a bit of a faff.

Dibbs – thanks. I tried posting there but for some reason when I submitted my post, it just gave a blank screen and would post my message 😕

Mudshark – yes. I will remove it overnight and see if that helps. Cheers

MSP

Make sure its got the latest updates on it, but to be honest that sounds like a physical problem to me, get on to garmin and get it replaced.

It is meant to be waterproof, so getting it damp shouldn’t be a problem.

creamegg
    Free Member

Yeah I think you will lose your settings but it sorted mine out the other day and only took 30 mins to get my preferences back howi wanted. If you back up everything on pc you may beagle to transfer the back afterwards though.

creamegg
    Free Member

Mine was doing something similar a few weeks ago so called garmin who told me to re-set and it’s been fine since

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Garmin Edge 800 shutting down mid ride’ is closed to new replies.