Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Garmin Edge 800 – poor battery life!!!
  • yan
    Free Member

Wondered if anyone else has had the same problem with the new Edge 800.

I bought a garmin 800 in feb and for 6wks battery life was good @ approx 12 to 14hrs but in march it dropped to 6hrs. That unit was replaced by garmin with a new one in may and since then battery life is consistantly 7hrs max. This is still way below the expected life of 16hrs. My settings have ways been the same, brightness 100% and only on for 2mins, hr sensor, and occasionally cadence, no pwr meter. Ive tried other settings but it seems to have no effect, apart from the brightness setting.

Maybe there a batch problem with the batteries or some other setting I could use to get more battery life, as 6/7hrs is pants compared with my old 705! Also I dont want to have to use it on the min brightness setting all the time, as it becomes unusable as nothing is visible in normal daylight conditions…

Struggling to get any useful info out of Garmin!!

milkman100
    Free Member

Hi Yan

I have the same problem, the battery life has never been any good, no where near what it was stated, I also find it looses power very quickly if its navigataing, which is a worry where your a long way from home and you a are relying on it to get you there, I have since changed the brightness setting to a bout half but switch it back up to full power if im doing a shortish ride, just so i know it will last and easy to see

as for garmin they do seem to be vrey vauge, the instruction book you get with them i though was rubbish

cheer
    craig

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

the battery life is terrible with the brightness on full power – i try to have mine on zero brightness and its can last upto the 20hours stated then, or very close, navigating or otherwise….

bit rubbish really as the brightness is often needed dependant on weather, but id prefer to run it on zero than run the risk of battery dying on me in the middle of nowhere somewhere new!

yan
    Free Member

Its a real pain having to turn the brightness down just to get a half descent battery life. On an average day if youre using the maps anything less than 80% and its not worth having on!!

alan-sierracycling
    Free Member

Just bought one last week. Fantastic little machine. Now I´m a bit worried about the brightness issue as here in Southern spain it has to be set at 100% to have a chance of reading it!
    It´s still the best GPS unit I have had.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Garmin Edge 800 – poor battery life!!!’ is closed to new replies.