Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Garmin Edge 800 – How do I…(pt 45,329)
  • kevin1911

So I’ve done a few rides with the new Garmin Edge 800, and pressed the long reset at the end of each one.

Am I being thick in assuming that the device would have recorded the route I’d taken, and the speed and altitude v’s time for me to look at on the PC at a later date?

If it does do the above – can anyone tell me what program I need to use to extract the info from the device, and which directory I’d find the info in?

If it doesn’t record the route and speed etc, is there any way to make it do so?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

garmin connect, its online

kevin1911

Thanks – I knew I must have been missing something simple 😳

uplink
    Free Member

If you reset it, it will be gone though

matthew_h
    Free Member

On my Edge 500, if I do a reset it saves and stores the ride info and just zeros everything so you can start a new workout. I would assume that the 800 will work similarly.

The unit will not delete any workouts at all unless you go into it on your computer and do it from there. I have 6 months of workouts saved on the unit.

kevin1911

Yep, it seems to have saved them all.

How accurate is the elevation on these things, anyone know?

uplink
    Free Member

oh well, the 800 may do that too

my Dakota only keeps the current one

matthew_h
    Free Member

I’ve compared my 500 with a friend’s altimeter thing and we were within a couple of metres of each other on a few occasions and it also seems to agree fairly well with maps so it seems pretty good I reckon.

blades2000
    Free Member

Not sure about the elevation. I always tend to use Elevation corrections on connect.garmin however I have a 705 it could be that the 800 is much better.
    I have found this site useful with regards to reviews and how to do things.
    good reviewer of Garmin products

kevin1911

Thanks for that blades, a really useful link

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Garmin Edge 800 – How do I…(pt 45,329)’ is closed to new replies.