Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Garmin Edge 705 help please :-)
  • mark@joy-riders.com
    Free Member

Hi all,

I have an Edge 705 with lots of saved courses on my PC. They all seem to load onto the Garmin device, but I can't view all of them from the device course menu…

My old 205 used to ask me which courses I wanted on the device. Am I doing something wrong?

Cheers for any help.

mark@joy-riders.com
    Free Member

I must have posted this too late last night 😉

Any help would be much appreciated – I can't find anything about it online!

Cheers

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

what software are you using?

make sure you are saving them as a course not a track or a route

also, you can just copy and paste them into the correct folder on the device assuming they are on your PC in .tcx format

thekingofsweden

Google frank kinlan and check his pages

My 705 can be a nightmare had it over a year and still learning how it works

mark@joy-riders.com
    Free Member

Thanks for the help guys. I'm using the Garmin Training Centre software. According the device (when viewing through the PC) all the courses are there (.tcx) but when trying to "do course" on the device the last courses aren't displayed.

I'll check out those pages.

Cheers

BigJohn

Have you upgraded to the latest firmware? I found in January that the 2010 rides weren't visible but when I upgraded they came back.

Anyway, you want to store courses as .crs files. Google for the gpx2crs.exe converter.

freeganbikefascist
    Free Member

I find turn by turn directions a bit pants for MTBing so all I wanted was to see the route trace on the map so I could follow it. In the end this is the way I found to do it (from memory so forgive me if I get some details wrong);

I don't use any of the course stuff (.tcx, .crs), I convert to .GPX files using this software and then copy/paste to the Garmin. Shows up in "saved rides". Select the ride you want to follow and (iirc) click the "map setup" button. You can then choose to display the route on your background map in a number of colours. Chose a colour, click "show on map" and back out of the menu system to the map view. Voila, your route is marked on your map in red/yellow/whatever colour) for you to follow

BigJohn

Following a course on the 705 is easy and foolproof.

munkster
    Free Member

Have you actually GOT a "Courses" folder on the 705 under the "Garmin" folder? Mine didn't have one by default and I had to make one myself when connected to a PC. Without this folder on the 705 you can't see "Courses" in the "Training" options… HTH

thekingofsweden

Go to courses on the device

if it's a ride you have done, click create new it will ask you where from

Click on History select from there press enter the device will do it for you

Or select the history on TC and send to device and do the same

I think

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Garmin Edge 705 help please :-)’ is closed to new replies.