• This topic has 18 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Dibbs.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Garmin Edge 520 -best time to buy?
  • blader1611
    Free Member

I have been looking at buying a garmin for a while and have narrowed it down to the edge 520. Wiggle currently selling these for just £190 which is far cheaper than anyone else including zee germans. But been so close to xmas is it best to wait for the sales or is the wiggle price as good as its likely to get? I guess i may also get vouchers at xmas time but also the price might return to rrp. What are peoples experiences with garmins going on sale?

jam-bo

until they bring out the 530, I’d take a punt that that is cheapest you’ll get unless amazon do a blowout lightning deal.

blader1611
    Free Member

Those amazon deals are as rare as hens teeth for Garmin devices so i hadn’t really factored that in to the equation. There is no value in the second hand market so thats not much of an option either.

alanf
    Free Member

Have you checked Handtec as they are usually the most competitive for Garmins – Just has a 920xt for the missus and they were the cheapest around.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Today, then stop looking bonus is you can use it at the weekend.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

Wiggle often do a pre Christmas sale, maybe worth waiting for that.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Keep an eye out for the 500 on sale at Lidl for £80 then sell when the 530 comes out?

blader1611
    Free Member

I dont want a 500 as it doesnt have some features i require. I am not going to hang around for a 530 which i guarantee will be announced about a day after i buy a 520! Handtec in this instance is not cheaper to my surprise.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

520 is brand new will be about for 2/3 years at least with the next guise just being incremental like the 500/510

tom200

Bladder, that’s exactly what happened when I bought my 510! Probably explains why it was on a very cheap Amazon lightening deal.

igm

Handtec £180 plus delivery.
    Under £190 total I think.

blader1611
    Free Member

Tom200 i know exactly how that feels. I might wait and see what happens heading to xmas/jan sales but handtec are my safety net for cheap price if its under 190 as they never seem to change the price.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

How much do you think you will save? For some positives my 810 just upgraded via software to to get all the new features in the 520 etc. so unless it’s a hardware update not much to hold out for.
    What price would you pay today?

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Get the 520 now and started using it if you’re training.

Or wait for the sales.

Lots of discount codes for shops or Quidco.

onehundredthidiot

I got mine from start cycles, using at 10% code cast £170 in the end.

jam-bo

Get the 520 now and started using it if you’re training

This. It’s not suddenly going to get discounted by 50% so your only talking about potentially saving a couple more quid.

blader1611
    Free Member

I was just trying to get a feel of whether Garmins were items that actually are discounted in sales or are they normally not in a sale. It seems prices are pretty similar everywhere bar one or two shops so i was just wondering what i can expect. It seems £190 is going to be a fair price so thats what i am going to pay.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

If you die next week, you’ll wish you bought it now.

Dibbs
    Free Member

Black Friday isn’t too far away, there may be some deals then, Garmin themselves had some very good deals in the run up to xmas last year.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Garmin Edge 520 -best time to buy?’ is closed to new replies.