Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Garmin Edge 500 – Ace :-)
  • SST
    Free Member

First ride with the Garmin today.

Easy to use, all the features I need and downloaded route & ride details onto Garmin Connect without problems 🙂

No more manually copying Polar 725 info into Excel and creating my own graphs!

Not sure why I waited so long to step up now . . . . . 😉

spangelsaregreat
    Free Member

Great bits of kit, got an 800 last week, like you don’t know why I left it so long!

mattrgee
    Free Member

Been looking at these as well. Silly question: do you have to upload your ride information after every outing to avoid it being overwritten the next time you go out? Or does it store information about the last X number of rides allowing you to upload them in bulk at a later date?

rootes1

Or does it store information about the last X number of rides allowing you to upload them in bulk at a later date?

stores loads..

I stored the whole route for lejog to follow and logged actual ride and it still had space.

Haze

Stores multiple rides Matt, not sure how many but I guess it depends on capacity rather than quantity.

Loving mine too, 2nd ride with it this morning. Now I just need to make sense of the numbers and put them to good use…

mattrgee
    Free Member

Stores multiple rides Matt, not sure how many but I guess it depends on capacity rather than quantity.

Many thanks.

SST
    Free Member

The only glitch I had (operator error!) was wetting the HR monitor strap when I put it on but not when I started to ride half an hour later. I got some irratic HR’s until I started sweating a bit.

I know for a fact that 210bpm isn’t happening 🙂

rootes1

^ lick the hr strap pickup points copioulsy before you put in on

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

Got one in November. 500. love it.

I always wet my fingers and rub it under the strap before I start riding after I have fitted my chest strap.

Sandwich

Beware keeping tracks on the device for too long. Once it fills up it compresses what’s there to make space and then at the next sync your previously loaded data gets reduced as well leading to averages etc getting corrupted.

sgn23
    Free Member

Sandwich ^^^ how did you work out the compression thing? I’ve got over a hundred rides still on my 500, typically of about 1.5 to 2 hours, with the detailed logging enabled and whenever I upload to Garmin Connect it only every uploads the new routes. I thought when it eventually fills up it just over writes the oldest route?

jota180
    Free Member

I thought when it eventually fills up it just over writes the oldest route?

That’s what it does AFAIK

Sandwich

I have a mate who filled his forerunner and it did the compression thing. The compression changes the device file and connect sees the change as does training centre and boom its gone. He was under impressed with the stats loss from his half ironman training. With the 500 there’s more space but better safe than sorry.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Garmin Edge 500 – Ace :-)’ is closed to new replies.