Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Garmin Edge 305 – calorie counter
  • mactheknife

just been fiddling with the new toy and after the first ride with it i have to say i am pretty impressed. Although how accurate are the calorie counters considering all i had to enter into the set was my weight, age and bike weight. I used to do a lot of running and went through a few heart rate monitors in that time and after entering all my info into some online calculators they were as accurate as i could expec but the readings on the 305 just seem a little high to be honest.

Ta

Jamie
    Free Member

Although how accurate are the calorie counters considering all i had to enter into the set was my weight, age and bike weight

Not very. Calculating calorific burn is a bit of a dark art and most devices are way off…usually overestimating in my experience.

njee20
    Free Member

The Garmin ones are hilariously optimistic IMO, well over 1000/hour without trying too hard often!

Drac

It's crap all it asks for is height and weight.

mactheknife

Aye that was what i was thinking. I think ill just take that one off the screen.

molgrips
    Free Member

Those calorie counting things are nothing, just a very vague guess. Ignore the figures!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Garmin Edge 305 – calorie counter’ is closed to new replies.