Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Garmin edge 25 owners
  • tomvet

I think the max I can eek out of my battery is 6 hrs, I am doing a ride about 9-10 hrs long in a month is there anyway I can plug in a extra battery. I know it has the annnoying cable charger but i was wondering if i could run it and plug it into one of those mobile phone power packs and leave it in my pocket when the main battery runs low?

ogden
    Free Member

Turn it on, start a ride, then plug the charger in the wall and see what happens

karlsbug
    Free Member

I’ve got one, you can’t charge it whilst recording a ride.

Stainypants

Turning off Bluetooth makes it last a bit longer

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Maybe not using any sensors with it like speed and cadence and just use GPS might save a bit. Also check you’ve not got that GONASS satellite system engaged too as I think when both GPS satellite systems are turned on it uses up more battery life – though I think it’s off by default.

But other than that it’s only a small device so small battery so probably not much opportunity to save the juice.

riddoch

In my experience with Bluetooth and glonass the battery only seems to last a couple of hours, you’ll do well to get 6 hours even with everything turned off.
    Do you know anyone willing to lend you a bigger unit in the edge range, longer battery life and I think can be charged in use?

swhoward

I get 4-5 hrs with BT and Glonass switched on.

tomvet

No none I can borrow sadly, I will try turning off all the extras as suggested above and when it dies just switch over to phone based strava I guess, not the end of the world just a bit irritating, most of the time the 25 is enough for my use and I couldn’t justify the double the money for the odd long ride at the time.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Was thinking the same only yesterday while out and need the same length of battery life, Dirty Riever 200km in April
    I just checked that my GONASS is turned off but my blue tooth was on (although I’ve never used it) and it’s not good to hear that you cant use it while it’s charging.
    My normal Garmin Dakota will be used for navigation and stats, but as it hasn’t got a heart rate connection I was hoping to use the 25 for this.
    I guess I’ll just have to take it easy while the 25 is charging up from a small power bank on the go after it runs out.

Wally

I have tried the power bank route, did not work for me.

antennae
    Free Member

Mine’s flippin’ hopeless and conked out after 2 hours on a ride last weekend. Full charge, six months old. Sending it back to CRC.

Worth looking for an old Edge 200 on eBay? My old one literally lasted days – easily did the whole Queen Charlotte track in NZ on one charge.

If anyone knows any other long-lasting-and-dead-simple GPS units, I’m all ears.

shindiggy
    Free Member

I must be lucky, I get at least 8 hours out of mine with Glonass and Bluetooth switched off.

Normally a weeks worth of commuting on one charge,

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Garmin edge 25 owners’ is closed to new replies.