Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Garmin Edge 25. Lost the plot?
  • colournoise

Last two rides my little Edge 25 has gone a bit wobbly. Finds GPS as normal, shows all the metrics in real time as I’m riding, and still running at the end when I stop and save the ride.

However…

When I check the ride on Garmin Connect and Strava it’s only recorded about half the ride and then decided I’d stopped (although the unit itself was still showing realtime info).

Anyone else seen this on the 25 (or other Garmins)? Any idea what’s going on?

(have not knowingly changed any settings and auto-pause switched off)

Have asked Garmin support, but thought I might get a quicker answer here…

colournoise

Bump.

Any ideas?

flange
    Free Member

Ahhh Garmin

I’ve not had a 25 but every other Garmin I’ve had (and I’ve had a few) all end up doing this. You can stave it off for a while by making sure you’ve deleted all the history from the device once you’ve uploaded it, but I’ve got to the point where I’ve ended up selling all of mine and buying a wahoo

For reference, I’ve had 800, 500, 200, 510, 520 and 1000. Garmin CS isn’t nearly as good as it was which is why I’ve sold up and gone elsewhere.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

We’ve had various Edge’s over the years and never had that happen (305/605/couple of 500’s/touring)

colournoise

flange – Member
    Ahhh Garmin

I’ve not had a 25 but every other Garmin I’ve had (and I’ve had a few) all end up doing this. You can stave it off for a while by making sure you’ve deleted all the history from the device once you’ve uploaded it, but I’ve got to the point where I’ve ended up selling all of mine and buying a wahoo

For reference, I’ve had 800, 500, 200, 510, 520 and 1000. Garmin CS isn’t nearly as good as it was which is why I’ve sold up and gone elsewhere.

Had a couple of 500s before this with no issues (apart from me smashing one and losing the other down an Alp).

Will try deleting the history before next ride.

scotroutes

I have a 705 and an Oregon. I’ve had a Gecko and a Dakota. I don’t recognise the symptoms as all of mine work/worked as designed.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Garmin Edge 25. Lost the plot?’ is closed to new replies.