Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Garmin edge 205 and “truncated routes”
  • racing_ralph
    Free Member

Trying to upload a route OR track created in memory map to my edge 205 with no luck what so ever. Keep getting “route truncated”

I save the route as a .gpx file, how can i then get it onto the garmin?

munkster
    Free Member

Upload as a “course”? There was a thread on this a couple of weeks back (and probably a few more besides) but ever since I kept getting truncated route/track etc someone on here said “upload as a course” and it’s been fine ever since. I’m no expert and not too sure why but it worked for me…

racing_ralph
    Free Member

how do i do that from memorymap

druidh
    Free Member

What you need is some sort of computer expert. A teacher or the like…

Have you considered reading the manual/help file?

phiiiiil

I use Tracklogs; you don’t need any maps to load a route from a file and upload it to the GPS.

munkster
    Free Member

how do i do that from memorymap

good question, no idea, i use tracklogs 😕

for what it’s worth i emailed memorymap with a query the other day and they replied promptly…

andywhit
    Free Member

Export from MM, load into Tracklogs and transfer to 205 as a course.

Simples 😉

RichPenny
    Free Member

It’s doing that because the route has too many waypoints. The edge can only store 100 (stupid S/W limitation). You might be able to convert them into trackpoints using memorymap, or use the Garmin tool to send a course to the GPS.

coylumbridge
    Free Member

I get the same problem with the garmin etrex. Generally have to simplify track to reduce waypoints or split the track up.

petrieboy

most likely the memory is full – make sure to delete all waypoints not just tracks. if its a long track, the Edge can be thrown out if your waypoints are named WP98, WP99, WP100 – it prefers WP098, WP099, WP100

sockpuppet

if you google gpx2crs you can get a converter. export from MM as a gpx, convert and import into trainingcentre or whatever you’re using as a .crs file, then straight to the edge.

fairly simple converter, you lose teh elevation data, but get the route for nav purposes

Cooroo
    Free Member

Racingralph did any of that help? We’re currently trying to get to grips with Memory Map and Garmin ETrex. Etrex only seems to be able to cope with 50 waypoints.

Convert to a track in MM seems to help, but not sure you can use that to ride around? Wish I understood track vs route. A track is what you get when the GPS records the ride. A route is what you plot on Memory Map by clicking on waypoints.

We successfully reduced a 40km ride to under 50 points – the key seems to be to be vague on roads or long tracks, as there isn’t much choice anyway, and save the detailed clicking for junctions. But it screws up your mileage a bit.

The other problem is printing it out – anything less than 1:250000 is pretty unreadable, but the ‘automatic tiling’ includes a massive overlap wasting paper, ink and time. Any solutions?

Biffer
    Free Member

As mentioned above – try and get a copy of Tracklogs as it seems to interface the Edge so much easier. Guess this doesn’t really help you much but a ‘course’ is what you want………………………..

fozzyuk

I have a Geko 201 done me for years and for me has been all I need. My only issue is the 125 way point limit per route.

How or can I get a CRS file to a geko ?

I have googled but no joy, not even the proof that my model dosen't support it hence the Q?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Garmin edge 205 and “truncated routes”’ is closed to new replies.