Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Garmin edge 200 Replacement
  • stewart4444
    Free Member

I’ve had a Garmin edge 200 for the last 4-5 years and notice now that it’s battery doesn’t last quite like it used to.
    Plus I want something have can sync via blue-tooth/phone.

Is it just a straight upgrade to the Garmin 25 or is there something else I should be considering?

ta

iainc

the 25 isn’t an upgrade… I have both. 25 has smarter connectivity, poorer battery life, less customisable screens.

tthew

One of them Lezyne GPS models I’d have thought. I’m having one for my impending birthday, so if you’re in no rush I’ll tell you what it’s like back here in a couple of weeks.

Apparently the battery in the 200 is easy to change though.

lunge

I’ve just upgraded from a 200 to a 520. Lots more detail, lots more customisation and lots of stuff I won’t use. So far, I like it a lot.

cookeaa

the 25 isn’t an upgrade… I have both. 25 has smarter connectivity, poorer battery life, less customisable screens.

It’s more basic yes and the Data fields are limited, hence I Asked here the other day about hacking the *.fit file to reconfigure them.

Overall I like my 25 for it’s simplicity, easy setup and the fact that it allows easy uploading via mobile rather than needing to connect to a PC. But yeah battery life is limited…

OP have you considered enquiring about having the Battery replaced on your 200?
    It might be a viable option…

stewart4444
    Free Member

changing the battery never crossed my mind. I guess cos I wanted to sync without PC too.
    However, reckon I might look into to that to eeek another few years out of it, as it’s just there as a tracker.

cookeaa

[video]https://youtu.be/DOrZym62L_4[/video]

Looks pretty simple, you might want to take a less ‘cowboy’ approach to the speaker cable connection…

Edge 200 batteries look to be available on Amazon from about £10~15ish. I’d give it a go myself…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Garmin edge 200 Replacement’ is closed to new replies.