Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Garmin Edge 200 Question.
  • bonzodog
    Free Member

Had my first ride out on the road bike with the 200 last night, all ok, but how on earth do I change it over to bike 2 (for my mtb)?

I’ve looked at the history & odometer 1 & 2, and they both show last nights ride details???

lightman
    Free Member

Do you really need too?
    If you want separate data for different bikes, just use something like Strava and you can have as many bikes as you want.

Dibbs
    Free Member

I’ve just read through the manual and I can’t see that facility.
    On my 800 I press the power button to display the current bike and by tapping on the bike name I can select one of my other bikes from the list.

mikey74
    Free Member

Do you really need too?
    If you want separate data for different bikes, just use something like Strava and you can have as many bikes as you want.

That should be put up in lights as THE typical STW reply i.e. ask a question about one thing you already own and get told to stop using it and get something else.

zilog6128

This isn’t a feature I’ve ever noticed on my 200…

st66

That should be put up in lights as THE typical STW reply i.e. ask a question about one thing you already own and get told to stop using it and get something else.

Lightman is simply suggesting that you can upload your ride to Strava from your Garmin and specify which bike you have used.

bigmick25
    Free Member

Its not a feature I’ve seen on my 200 either.

MoreCashThanDash

I just download the rides to Garmin Connect and put the bike used in the route name if it isn’t obvious. Don’t think the 200 recognises different bikes.

Then my mates tell me I should use Strava

traildog
    Free Member

That should be put up in lights as THE typical STW reply

It’s called a work around. Sometimes you cannot do exactly what you want, but there are ways to do nearly what you want and give you a similar result.

On my 500 I think I select it in the menu but to be honest it is not something I ever use. The strength in these devices is the downloading to software afterwards and studying it – as as mentioned above most software will have this for you. With some software, you can then break this down to miles on a particular bit of kit – say x miles on the tyres or chain etc.

bonzodog
    Free Member

Cheers for your replies folks.

In comparing the 200 to others prior to purchase I must’ve got a tad confused.

So, what the point of the 2 odometers??

bonzodog
    Free Member

Ah, just googled the answer.

Garmin

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Garmin Edge 200 Question.’ is closed to new replies.