Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Garmin Edge 200 – advice needed.
  • TimCotic
    Free Member

Hi Singletrackers,
    I’m finding the instructions a bit lacking. I’ve got this working on a basic level and I’m uploading my routes onto the garminconnect/bing site and maps, but I’m not sure about using the device for real-time navigation.
    2 questions:
    Where can I find better instructions online – has anyone compiled some? (did find some stuff on Youtube but it didn’t contain much detail.)

I use the bing maps to highlight routes on my OS 25,000 maps, but is it possible to combine the Edge 200 with OS maps online?
    Thanks, Tim

ahwiles
    Free Member

plan a ‘course’ on garmin connect, click on the ‘send to device’ button, wait for several hours looking at the ‘searching for device’ window.

try again.

try again.

give up.

at least that’s what i’ve done.

(i’m a computer moron, but why does it have to be so difficult?)

gravity-slave
    Free Member

For navigation, you need to

– create a course on Garmin Connect
    – connect your 200
    – from the course, click “send to device”

Now, when you turn on the 200 you can click courses, select the course you want and follow it.

Navigation is very basic – just follow a line.

If you set a ‘pace’ in garmin connect, you can also race a virtual partner. Good for solo road rides.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

I’m a slow typist but good at tech stuff – it was easy, works a treat for me.

I didn’t use manual, tutorials – just spend a while pressing all the buttons!

wwaswas

It’s best for routes where you have a vague idea where you’re heading. It’ll tell you when you go off course but if you’re on a bit of singletrack approaching a junction you’ll struggle to work out which one to take.

it’s easier if you do it as a series of waypoints and it’ll tell you which way to turn but this is more complex than a course.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Garmin Edge 200 – advice needed.’ is closed to new replies.