Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Garmin Edge 1000
  • dalesjoe
    Free Member

So, I’m looking at an upgrade to the 1000 (from 810). However, I’m unable to decide between the standard one & the cheaper explore model. I’m tending towards the explore as I don’t use a power meter, DI2 gears etc. However I do like using a heart rate monitor. Can anybody who has been through the same process spread any light on how they found the difference between the two? Cheers!

Ewan
    Free Member

I got the 820 which is the same but with a smaller screen. The 1000 is quite old now, I expect it will be replaced before too long…

MSP

I agree, I would hold off on upgrading unless you have a compelling reason.

hockropper

the wahoo element is getting awesome reviews at the moment and it is only £250

dalesjoe
    Free Member

The bigger screen is the main attraction to be honest. Find the 810 a tad small when using os maps. The poor screen resolution doesn’t help either.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Got 800 and 1000.

Pros
    Bigger screen
    Maps for Europe
    Connects to phone
    Maps updated for free
    Auto upload of activity wifi or phone
    Has lots of navigation aids, like locations, local services without Internet

Overal I’m pleased with my 1000. I use it for long distance navigation and for that it’s perfect. 800 still in use but just to record MTB rides which it does very well. Depends what you use it for. Just used mine to go from Piisa to the Alps. Even used it to search and navigate to nearest restaurant when local one was closed. If you just use it to record stuff don’t bother to upgrade

johnnystorm

Elemnt has £50 cashback if you send in your old computer. It doesn’t even seem to specify that it has to be a gps computer.

Under £200 when you factor in quidco and wiggle discount.

dalesjoe
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies. Decided to follow the advice & hold back. Sold a few bits & Bob’s so the cash is sat there. Will stick with the 810 for now & see if a replacement for the 1000 comes out. I can decide then if it’s worth getting the newer version or the 1000.

Cheers!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Garmin Edge 1000’ is closed to new replies.