Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Garmin devices and android phones – how to stay connected
  • leffeboy

I know that Garmin software is famously shit but really :(. Has anyone had success at keeping their Android phones connected to their Garmin devices? I find it completely random – sometimes it stays connected for days and sometimes it just loses it and won’t connect again without removing the device. I think that garmin connect has two methods of staying connected, either the native Android way or a special Garmin Connect way but I’m finding it a little tough to work out WTF is going on and how it is meant to work. A shame really as the newer versions of Garmin Connect on the phone are getting much better

Anyway, anyone got any wisdom? FWIW I’m mainly using a Vivoactive and a Moto G5

xora

Crappy BT radios in Android phones.

Reboot the phone and it will probably re-connect.

prawny

It’s the same on iphone, garmin connect is just a bit shit.

Just have to open the connect app every now and then.

Stoner
    Free Member

garmin wallow in producing crap.

The only passable solution is with the posher units that have their own wifi radio and so can connect to the garmin servers directly. But even that is stoopid as you need a windows or iOS machine over USB to tell the watch which wifi to connect to which is a hoot if you only have chromebooks!

hjghg5
    Free Member

My vivoactive 3 stays connected fine. It had a bit of a wobble when I tried to connect a second garmin device to the same phone but after I added it the two of them seem to coexist happily and sync properly.)-

IHN

Hmmm, interesting. MrsIHN and I spent over an hour last night trying to get her VivoActive3 to reconnect with her phone (Huawei P10). After many restarts, uninstalls, defaults to standard settings and reinstalls it eventually worked, and then didn’t 👿

Jamie
    Free Member

Given Garmin’s propensity for shit software, which usually include the firmware brought out to fix a bug breaking something else, I am always surprised no one really challenges them in the market.

I had a Vivoactive 3 and a vivosport, and both went back for being bobbins on the software front. Guess I should have left the usual 12 months to the firmware was half decent.

leffeboy

Ok. Will try a reboot if the phone but it’s a bit pish really

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Garmin devices and android phones – how to stay connected’ is closed to new replies.