Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Garmin connect / garmin base camp
  • moose2008
    Free Member

Does anybody know how to get a route you’ve already done from your garmin dashboard to garmin base camp so that you can alter / extend your route for next time? I’m guessing you need to be able to save the route to a file somehow? and then import it to basecamp?
    Cheers in advance for any advice.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

I don’t use BaseCamp, but I import files to Garmin Training Centre and save them from there – not sure if that’s any help!

Sandwich

Select the activity and once it displays on it’s own web page in connect there is an export button to the right of the edit button. Export as GPX and then import into Basecamp should do it.

moose2008
    Free Member

Sandwich.
    Cheers that works a treat.
    Is there any route planners that anyone can reccomend which you consider better than garmin base camp ?

hugor
    Free Member

Memory map. Much better than base camp but expensive.
    The 3D route preview function is amazing.
    Integrates with garmin computers seamlessly.

blades2000
    Free Member

There is also bike route toaster for an online version. Google search should find it. I don’t have the link to hand sorry.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

The new free garmin base camp comes with 3d option. Its a lot better now and easier to use.

You down load your route from garmin as gpx format to hard drive then upload to base map. Or attach your garmin and transfer directly from gps to software.

njee20
    Free Member

I use Bike Hike, seems good.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Garmin connect / garmin base camp’ is closed to new replies.