Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Garmin connect and edge unit issues after latest update.
  • julzm
    Free Member

Anyone else having issues? Both mine and the OHs 510s now won’t connect to connect app and even when I plug it into the laptop, it won’t sync despite it saying it is synced, the latest rides just won’t upload.

I stupidly updated the software and now the unit keeps switching off if I try to view a ride on the 510.

On the connect all under newsfeed, it simply says ‘network connection error’.

Does anyone else feel like just chucking these stupid things out of a fast moving vehicle?

johnnystorm

My 810 has just stopped talking to my phone for uploads to strava. Half the time it fails, the other half it says upload complete but nothing on Strava. 🙄

olly2097
    Free Member

I did the Conwy gran fondo the other day. So proud I was of the 71 miles I did as a fat bloke.
    The Garmin (810) made a .Fit file that said I did 5000ft of climb but only rode 5 miles when I put it on strava. Piece of turd.

Other times it just randomly dies mid ride with plenty of battery life.

Pants.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Edge 1000 and GC user here, all good after the software upgrades..

psycorp
    Free Member

Garmin software dept haven’t got the best reputation. Probably best not to update at all if your unit works.

atlaz
    Free Member

No problem with my Garmin update either

Shred
    Free Member

I’ve had a lot of problems with Live Track at the moment. I go for a ride, and get home to an annoyed wife that it has not worked. Most of the time it is the Garmin Connect site, which seems to be terribly unreliable at the moment.

https://connect.garmin.com/en-US/status

I might have to get Endomondo going again for live tracking instead.

pete68
    Free Member

Do you mean update to the unit or the app? My 810 works fine but there is 1 update ready for it. If it’s this then I think I’ll leave it. The connect app has also just updated but seems OK although syncing seems to be taking longer than it used to.

franki
    Free Member

Following the update is the first time I’ve ever been able to load courses onto my Edge. I used to be able to upload my rides but not the other way round.
    I’m impressed with their hardware, but the software is a bit rubbish IMO.

smudge
    Free Member

Grrrr one update kept sending me onto roads and not the OP route I was trying to do.

What I find works now is if you have a problem is remove the garmin from Garmin connect and your phone and then re-connect it again. Seems to fix problems for me.

I had to do that for the last update as the phone/garmin connect could no longer see the 810 even though the phone said it was connected..

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Garmin connect and edge unit issues after latest update.’ is closed to new replies.