Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Garmin Car Satnav
  • boltonjon

Currently trying to load some french maps into my Nuvi 205W satnav and i’m about 5 seconds away from smashing that and my laptop to a million pieces!!

How come my account agrees that my device is registered, can see the device, but when i try to purchase the maps, it says i need to register and won’t let me go any further……aaaaagggghhhhhhhh

This, and the most un-ergonomic website i’ve ever used is driving me completely insane!!!

All I want to do is go to the Alps but everything is working against me!!

Help!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve got a nuvi as well, worst POS I’ve ever bought. It gets lost more often than I do, doesn’t recognise entire villages, an it’s possible to knock 10+ minutes off it’s routes by going the wrong way. That’s not going faster than it thinks you will, that’s just staying on the motorway a bit longer rather than taking the B-road parallel with it for 50 miles, it knows it’s faster as it immediately lobs 10 min off as soon as it passes the junction! That and the number of motorway junctions it tells you to turn off at, go across the roundabout and re-join, or in XX miles keep right (that’ll be stay on the motorway then). Or sending you through town centres and back streets when there’s a perfectly good ring road or motorway.

Garmin sat navs are hopeless, it doesn’t surprise me that their car website is as bad!

Taff
    Free Member

Have you got the latest software on it? I had issues and spoke to Garmin and they told me to update and problems solved. Funny, find my Garmins great but hate TomToms

boltonjon

Well, it seems as i can save myself $60 by downloading the unlocked maps of isohunt

God knows if it will work, but its got to be easier than this

I was gonna buy an Edge 800 for the bike – no chance now!!

boltonjon

Taff

Thanks for the advice – to be honest, mine has worked fine for 3 years, but i took your advice, uploaded the latest software and it still won’t play ball

They’ll all be downloaded in 11 mins!

I’m not sure if i’ll know if the maps work before i get to France though…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Garmin Car Satnav’ is closed to new replies.