Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Garmin 820 maps open street problem ?
  • carbonfiend
    Free Member

Hi just upgraded to edge 820 and gone through what I have done previously with edge 800 & 810 by upgrading maps using openstreet but I am having difficulties. I have followed all usual instructions except the SD card process as Edge 820 doesn’t have one but as far as I can see the device is still using base map that it came with. If memory serves me right with 800/810 I went into the device to map options the choose the recent uploaded openstreet map but I can’t seem to find this option on 820 – what am doing wrong ?
    Thnx

zilog6128

The 820 maps are based on OSM anyway so I didn’t bother trying to change them (unlike previous units). Seem very good.

On the 520 you have to overwrite the base map with your new custom map. Maybe the 820 is the same. DCR site has instructions for doing this.

carbonfiend
    Free Member

Yeah I can see the base map is pretty good just worried it might miss some trials but will give it a go. I have eventually found how to get the openstreet map on there but when I swapped over to it it appeared to load and run slower than the installed base map

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    tillydog
    Free Member

…when I swapped over to it it appeared to load and run slower than the installed base map

Not sure about the 820, but on the Etrex, it tries to load all of the visible maps, so you need to turn the base map off if you turn another map on or it slows down horribly.

carbonfiend
    Free Member

thnx

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Garmin 820 maps open street problem ?’ is closed to new replies.