Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Garmin 810 – tether?
  • slowclimb
    Free Member

After an unplanned exit from my bike yesterday I realised after about 500 metres that I no longer my Garmin 810 fixed to my bike. Very very luckily I managed to find it.
    However I dont think I can cope with the stress of that happening again 🙂
    I know the 510 had some kind of tethering system but the 810 doesnt. they are way too much cash to lose. Does anybody have any excellent bodges to fix theirs on? Cant be too permanent as I use it on a few bikes.

andysredmini
    Free Member

I managed to knock mine off or loose a few times when I first had it. I ended up buying the silicon case and using an old camera wrist strap looped through the silicon case then looped around the bars/stem.
    Works really well and touch wood has never come off the mount since.

bails

I’ve got my 800 in the Garmin silicon case. I’ve looped an O-ring through it (put the o-ring through one of the holes in the case and then loop the o-ring through itself). I then use a bit of double sided velcro roll to go around the steerer. I undo the velcro and feed it through the o-ring before looping the velcro around the steerer.

I only use the ‘tether’ on the MTB (I can’t knock the Garmin off with my knee on the road bike) so leave it all attached and just pop the Garmin out of the silicon case when I want to remove it.

lw246
    Free Member

I’ve unscrewed the rubber cover for the USB/SDCard port on mine, put a loop of string behind it then re-attached.

Originally tried the cover, but having the loop stopped it sitting in the case correctly.

carlos
    Free Member

Exactly as lw246 – but used a proper Garmin tehter (others are available)

jonba
    Free Member

Like bails, on my 800 I got a silicone cover and have looped through a camera lanyard which then goes round my bars.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Garmin 810 – tether?’ is closed to new replies.