Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Garmin 810 – routes and modifying someone elses
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

Garmin 810 – routes and modifying someone elses:

Weeeell I bought an 810 a month ago and it’s been rather good so far. But I’d like some collective knowledge and help if possible.
    I’ve just got into downloading routes and following them etc. and this has been successful on quite a few occasions with some of the navigation points being a challenge to follow with issues around “off course” and “tap to turn back” and such. I’ve a couple of points to ask..
    1) if I want to drop into a course and follow it (say 2 miles into the course starting) and pick up the course and ride it from there, what I’ve been doing is starting the “Ride” and setting the timer to record but the 810 looks to me like it thinks I ought to start from the beginning and I get a “tap to turn back” message. So on occasion, and to try to work this out, I’ve tapped it and it’s guided me back to the start of the course, the beginning. I don’t want to do this I want to drop into the ride and then just click “Ride” and set the timer.. etc.. how do I do this? Do you have the same problems?
    2) I’ve downloaded off Garmin one particular route I’d like to modify. It’s an “out and back” but I want to clip off the start and join it from 30k’s in, so I’ve been playing with the course and “modifying” or editing it (after saving it as my own) then just dropping plot points on the course, then saving it. But what I’ve found is the original course it still there (the 30k’s that I don’t want to do) How do I do that then?

I’ve been on the Garmin forums but most of the posts from what I’ve seen relate to issues on firmware/connect and such..

bikebouy
    Free Member

Bump for the evening crowd

bikebouy
    Free Member

Last bump for the morning crowd

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Garmin 810 – routes and modifying someone elses’ is closed to new replies.