Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Garmin 810 replace with?
  • davidxbrown
    Free Member

So I managed to unknowingly knock my Garmin of the bars on the GR7 trail above Orgiva ( Andalucia ) had a good look for it but it’s probably gone down the mountain as we were on an exposed part of the trail at the time.

The Garmin 1000 is my immediate thought but should I be looking at alternatives? And what might they be?

rpallen
    Free Member

Bad luck. Its a constant worry I am going to lose mine the same way.

Go for a Garmin 1000. And as they come with a leash losing it shouldn’t be a problem.

damascus
    Free Member

The 1000 is a bigger screen and uses more power. If your 810 did everything you ever needed just buy another one. There seems to be a few bargains out at the moment

CraigW
    Free Member

I’d look at the Edge 520, it is better than the 810 in a number of ways. It is a lot smaller and lighter. Though limited for mapping/navigation.

davidxbrown
    Free Member

Thanks for the suggestions, bigger screen for rubbish eyesight sounds like a plus, as is having a teather point for a leash, needs to display maps and if the contrast is better than the 810 that has to be a good thing.

Garmin 1000 still looking like the one atm….

njee20
    Free Member

The 1000 is a bigger screen and uses more power

The former is an advantage for many and the latter need not be a disadvantage unless your average ride is over 10 hours…

Really like my 1000.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

And as they come with a leash losing it shouldn’t be a problem.

Edge 1000 does indeed come with a leash.

johnnystorm

A battery pack of at least the built capacity is a fiver or thereabouts. If a bigger screen helps go for it. I’ve only just got my 810 and I’m loving it.

davidxbrown
    Free Member

Thanks for the feedback Garmin 1000 now top of my xmas list… Also need to find my backup of maps… I’m sure I must have done one!,,

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Garmin 810 replace with?’ is closed to new replies.