Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Garmin 810 OS Maps
  • KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

Does anyone know if those ioffer GB Discover 1:50k maps on the SD cards are compatible with the newer Edge 810 units?

Vortexracing

mail me

email is in profile

njee20
    Free Member

They are, but IMO they’re not that good. OSM is better I reckon.

CraigW
    Free Member

And they are a pirate copy. If you want a pirate copy, just download it from Bittorrent etc, no need to pay £20 for it.

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

OK, thanks folks

njee20, do OSM do maps for Garmins? I thought the GB Discoverer 1:50k maps were OSM?

Basically there’s an Edge 810 trail bundle that I’m considering. I was just going to buy a very cheap Edge 500 for training but 3 or 4 times a year I find myself doing new routes and fancied a simple bike GPS system that I could upload a map to and have it point me in the right direction (without the constant stop/start of checking a map, route guide, both, etc.)

rob2
    Free Member

Try that link on here a few months ago that did os style maps. They are lush and easier to read than normal os on a garmin 800. The link should be on my profile from about 4 months ago

richardthird

talkytoaster?

Kryton57

By coincidence I downloaded the open street maps today after receiving the same tip off from NJEE. There are concise instructions on the DC rainmaker site here http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2013/05/download-garmin-705800810.html

Just ensure the file is in the “garmin” folder on the sd card – it’s only 550mb

It’s really easy, and it brings loads of poi’s, street to street navigation and “back to start” – all for free. I am impressed.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Garmin 810 OS Maps’ is closed to new replies.