Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Garmin 810 not charging
  • mrmoofo

Hi haven’t used it for months – mainly as it was lost. I found it in the pocket of my cycling coat.
    It has gone”flat” – which is a first… absolutely nothing …
    I have lost the cable it came with but have several similar ones …. however , no matter how I try and charge – so from laptop or mains, nothing happens, it remains blank.

Is it FUBARed … or does it require a special magic white Garmin cable? If so, where does one get them from?
    Thanks

legend
    Free Member

Nothing special about Garmin cables. Sounds like it’s gone into a deep discharge,but odd for that to happen in a relatively short space of time. Is it firing up at all when plugged into a PC?

Still under warranty? Worst case, Garmin support are very good out of warranty too (but expect to pay a flat rate to get it sorted)

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Was cycling ‘coat’ in an outbuilding, ie very cold? If so, my Iphone used to do this, after warming up for a few hours, it would start to charge again, used to just put it on charge overnight.

mrmoofo

Coat was in cupboard under the stairs
    It has been left for months before and not discharged like this
    When attached to the mains or a PC it does nothing … completely blank

It like a very dead dead thing …
    And it is three years old … so no warranty

notmyrealname
    Free Member

My 800 used to have charging issues sometimes, it was usually down to a little bit of corrosion in the charging socket.
    Try a bit of electrical contact cleaner in the charging port then try again. It worked with mine.

mrmoofo

Pleas note, I have been misleading – it is a Garmin 500 not 810 ….

gravesendgrunt
    Free Member

Are you sure it is a ‘charging’ USB lead your trying it with -alot aren’t and don’t have the extra charging cable in them?
    Does the lead your using charge other devices?

888trojan888
    Free Member

Might just need a new battery. It’s easy enough to do

stevious

Try leaving it charging overnight – sometimes this wakes it up for some reason.

If that doesn’t work, google ‘garmin out of warranty’ and open a support ticket with garmin UK. They’ll replace the unit for a fee – can’t remember how much but somewhere in the £50 region. Certainly cheaper than a new one.

mrmoofo

Garmin are going to replace it – 15 mins with tech support suggests it is fUBAR.
    So they will replace for 68 quid …

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Garmin 810 not charging’ is closed to new replies.