Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Garmin 810 navigation crash
  • slugrider
    Free Member

Just bought a garmin edge 810 and it’s great but it keeps crashing when navigating.

I’m using ordnance survey maps

Anyone else had a similar experience/solution.

mav12
    Free Member

Do you have the latest firmware version installed

slugrider
    Free Member

No idea, I bought it used from eBay so I would assume so.

therevokid
    Free Member

my touring did that … full factory reset via “vulcan death grip”
    and a software update (to the same latest as it happened) fixed it.
    not crashed in 8 months now.

try it with another card to rule out the os maps causing it.

nemesis
    Free Member

Mine does it occasionally when navigating though not recently. Classic garmin software…

Dibbs
    Free Member

My 810 work fine on firmware 5.10, others swear by 5.00, have a read here and try for yourself. Garmin Edge 810 forum.

andysredmini
    Free Member

Welcome to the world of 810 ownership. They are amazing devices but the software is appalling.
    If you do find a version that works then never update. Turn off auto update on your phone too.
    Mine and lots of other owners crash when navigating and take a detour. Seems to confuse its self and crashes. It then seems to take about an hour to find the satellites.
    It’s so bad I also run strava on my phone as a backup on rides I don’t want to lose.

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Funny isn’t it. I’ve had about 10 Garmin devices over the last few years, not one has ever caused an issue, all kept bang up to date. Except for a driver issue with the ant+ stick when I moved to win10. That took 5 minutes to fix.

Then I sold one, edge 605, about 2 years ago. Worked for about a month, then he connected to his computer to download. Stopped worked. Kept crashing. Switching off and so on. It’s not even like he was even able to update it.

moonboy
    Free Member

To balance things out a little. 810 faultless, joy to use. Openstreet maps from following instructions on Drain maker Great bit of kit.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Garmin 810 navigation crash’ is closed to new replies.