Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Garmin 810 loosing signal
  • astormatt
    Free Member

So for the last few mtb rides, my garmin is constantly loosing signal in areas under tree’s.
    It used to happen before but last night on every climb it was auto pausing and starting every 5 seconds.
    A few weeks ago i was riding back up the push up path at the fod, to anyone that knows it, i counted 27 times it stopped-started
    Anyone found a cure for it? Might try a software update tonight and see how it behaves tomorrow, just very frustrating.

whitestone
    Free Member

my garmin is constantly losing signal in areas under trees

FTFY 😀

Pretty common for GPS units to do that. It’s dependent on where the satellites are in the sky, if they are all low down near the horizon then you’ll not have a decent set of signals then add the tree cover attenuating those signals and it’s quite easy for devices to temporarily give up.

Check this site to see where the satellites are and how they move over time. Sometimes they are spread out and well above the horizon, at others they’ll be clustered together or almost out of sight.

scaredypants

(only slightly) interestingly, my 810 has been poor on a couple of recent rides too, showing me far enough off a trail/road that strava, for example, doesn’t match it

I don’t sync it very often so I doubt it’s a problem with new firmware
    Leaves are falling, so I’d expect “visibility” to be increasing, not dropping

I’m calling aliens

legend
    Free Member

I don’t sync it very often so I doubt it’s a problem with new firmware

Might need to update the timing (or whatever its called) file though?

milky1980
    Free Member

Had the exact same problem with my 810 in the exact same place. Turned off auto pause and the Strava segment option (even if you’re not using it) and the problem went away. I also find it get a bit temperamental if I haven’t cleared out my ride history for a while.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Garmin 810 loosing signal’ is closed to new replies.