• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by ed34.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • garmin 810 elevation page question
  • ed34
    Free Member

If you make a route on the unit or in garmin connect does it come up with a hill profile of the route before you ride it, ie so you can see how hilly it is?

Or does it just plot the hill as you actually ride up it?

bikebouy
    Free Member

The plot is outlined in both your New Route you make yourself in Connect and also when you ride it, it will give elevation as well.

I use it a lot in Connect for constructing Hill Climb and Gradient segments, off road beware that not all gradients are marked, on roads it’s much easier as it’s a main form.

So, offroad New Route – Connect you may not get all the elevation displayed, when you ride the New Route you will as it will have tracked all movements.

Help?

christhetall
    Free Member

If you are following a pre-planned course, you can see the profile as you ride up it and your position on it – I find it really useful to know how far the top is.

But, if you are merely recording where you’ve been, it doesn’t know where you’re going.

ed34
    Free Member

But, if you are merely recording where you’ve been, it doesn’t know where you’re going.

Whaaaaaat?? £230 and it cant read my mind?

next you’ll be telling me it doesnt do the pedalling uphill for me or wash my bike 😯

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘garmin 810 elevation page question’ is closed to new replies.