Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Garmin 810 best free maps?
  • chilled76
    Free Member

Afternoon all,

Just got a Garmin 810.

Any advice on what are the best free maps to download and how do I go about getting them installed?

Any hekp/advice to get the most out of it would be much appreciated.

Paul

Mincer
    jonba
    Free Member

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2013/05/download-garmin-705800810.html

instructions for installing maps from the above website. It is good, not found anything better legally.

chilled76
    Free Member

Thanks gents will have a go

GolfChick
    Free Member

Love talkytoaster maps, I have the free set for the UK for all road riding and have also paid for the French version as well for when I travel to see my parents. Any other weekends away in other countries I’ve just used the openstreetmap version that someone has posted the link to.

ianfitz
    Free Member

The first reply has it. I’ve used that Dutch site for uk, France, Spain, Italy, Tenerife.

Been spot on so far

chilled76
    Free Member

Thanks guys. Does anyone know whether I definitely need a memory card for it to hold a map of the UK?

jonba
    Free Member

Yes (sort of). You can probably squeeze it on the device but it will run slow and cause issues so you’d be better off putting it on a memory card. It is also faster to transfer the huge file if you have a memory card reader. Also set it to save your rides to memory card because if/when it goes tits up you can still get at them. Saved me a few times on the 800.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Garmin 810 best free maps?’ is closed to new replies.