Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Garmin 800/810 case without hole for usb socket
  • jonba
    Free Member

I have a case for my garmin and there is a hole in it to allow you to get to the usb/memory card.

Bit random but has anyone ever seen one that doesn’t have this. I’d like a bit more protection on wet rides as the flaps themselves aren’t that great?

legend
    Free Member

Not for 800/810 but have for 500/510, the USP seemed to be that it was dirt cheap and they just hadn’t bothered with it. Thinking eBay might be your place to try and find the same for an 800/810

jonnyboi

If you get a cheap one piece version it may not have the hole for the barometric sensor either.

You might find the article below interesting

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2010/12/feeling-lucky-water-immersion-tests.html

jonba
    Free Member

Sensor is covered on mine by an official Garmin case. I’ve done my own real life water proofing test – it failed and I’m on my second unit.

A few times I’ve noticed the usb cover come open so as I need a new case I could see what it out there. On epic long rides where it is wet I’ve taken to sticking it in plastic bag as best I can to waterproof it.

jonnyboi

It’s not covered, there’s a channel in the garmin cover specifically to allow the sensor to work.

mr_stru

Just get the official garmin one and put it on back to front?

fifeandy
    Free Member

I’ve done my own real life water proofing test – it failed and I’m on my second unit.

Ditto

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

I used to find the usb/charging port filled with crap on my 800. I just neatly stick a bit on insulation tape over the ports before putting the case on.

damascus
    Free Member

I have a cheap none branded silicone case for mine off ebay. It covers the charge port and sd card.

No idea where I got it from as it’s a couple of years old now.

It also has a hole for the temperature

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Garmin 800/810 case without hole for usb socket’ is closed to new replies.