Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Garmin 800 versus 810 – worth the upgrade?
  • hitman
    Free Member

Anyone owned a Garmin 800 switched to an 810? Was it worth the switch?
    The 800 is still available and is quite a bit cheaper, so wondered if the upgrade is worth it?
    Any advice is much appreciated.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Got the 810 and really like it, though this was to complement my 500. Not sure I’d have bothered if I already had an 800. The touchscreen and interface is quite nice. The connected stuff works well. But I wouldn’t miss either if it didn’t have them.

hitman
    Free Member

cheers – did you go for a package or the unit on it’s own?
    any ideas of best price?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Unit on it’s own. Had all the other bits I needed. Think I just got it from wiggle as they had stock.

scratch
    Free Member

I really fancy the 510 over the 500, I have a few bikes, Commute, CX, Road race. The BIKE function looks kinda cool, you can set the screens up to show info relative to the use of each bike, the CX I’d want different readouts from say the commute. You could do it manually on the 500 but its a lot quicker to swap on the 510.

The function dosnt seem to get mentioned in many reviews, its only of worth if you have a few different bikes I ‘spose though.

mrblobby
    Free Member

The screens are for different activities (e.g. Race, train) as opposed to different bikes. Works well I reckon.

hitman
    Free Member

scratch
    will have a new garmin 510 for sale soon if you’re interested?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Garmin 800 versus 810 – worth the upgrade?’ is closed to new replies.