Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Garmin 800 replacement for £75… Worth it?
  • tod456
    Free Member

My 800 has died and Garmin have offered me a replacement for £75, has anyone else done this? (RMA Replacement system)

Do you get a reconditioned or a new one? Looking at eBay prices I’d probably break even if I was to sell on, so not sure why I’m dithering!

leffeboy

I haven’t with an 800 but I did the same with my 705. Couldn’t tell if it was new or reconditioned as it looked completely new to me, no scratches or anything like that. Was very happy

tod456
    Free Member

Cheers I’ll go for it then, seams like it’s a win win!

jonba
    Free Member

Got my 800 “done”. The replacement was as new. Given the issues with the 810 and 820 it is worth it. You are looking at £££ for a better unit. Right now I’d do it again over getting a 1000 or 1030.

rob2
    Free Member

How old is it?

Reason I ask is my 820 had a screen failure after 14months. Garmin said it was out of warranty so we’re going to charge a fee. But all goods in EU are covered for two years I said. Miraculously a new one turned up no questions asked!

ibnchris

Out of interest, how long have you had it? Mine is playing up too. Do they offer a long term warranty? Mine is about 4 years old. Weird thing happened over the weekend where it just didn’t recognise I had OS maps. Bit of a shame when you’re in the peaks with no paper maps (piss poor planning I know!)

Tracey

Just had our daughters vivoactive replaced after a crash smashed the screen. Looks like a new one so at £59 was worth it. Four days from me sending it to getting one back.

ibnchris

Amazing. Do you need proof of purchase. Mine was insurance replacement so not sure I have one

tod456
    Free Member

It’s 6 years old and hasn’t worked for a year! They have only asked for a serial number but I’ll do all tomorrrow then I’ll update everyone one I get it back. Just need to get new sensors and I’ll all set again!

ibnchris

Did this ever come back ok out of interest?

steve_b77
    Free Member

I did it with mine a few years ago when I smashed the screen, basically a new unit turned up.

Sandwich

Amazing. Do you need proof of purchase. Mine was insurance replacement so not sure I have one

No proof of purchase required, if it’s registered though Connect and Garmin Express they (Garmin) will ask the registered owners name and email details. Give the serial number and send your one off with the RMA notification form from the email that they send you and a reconditioned one arrives shortly after.

mintimperial

I got mine replaced on that scheme a few years back after the screen got smashed on my original one. Replacement was new as far as I could tell. I sold it on after using it for a while, and made £130ish, almost enough to cover the cost of the Aldi-sale 810 that replaced it (which also works fine, BTW). Was definitely worth it… 🙂

tod456
    Free Member

Sorry yes all good, posted Wednesday back on the following Tuesday, unit looks New!!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Garmin 800 replacement for £75… Worth it?’ is closed to new replies.