• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Rik.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Garmin 800 – touring multiday route help
  • Rik
    Free Member

Okay, need a little bit of advice.

Got a load of courses/routes in my Garmin to follow on a ride. But what about multiday rides?

Doing a 7 day tour of the Scottish islands in May, I have the route planned out on GPX file in sections between water crossings rather than by day by day. As we will be wild camping most of it, so don’t know where we’ll be sleeping from night to night till we decide on the day.

So if I have a 100 mile stretch as a course, follow it for 70 miles on day 1, what happens on day two? Do I press start/stop turn then Garmin off, then in the morning when get going again will it remember that I’m 70 miles in and carry on again or do I have to start the course again from a mid point??
    Also how will it look when I upload to Garmin connect.

Sorry for the long post but has anybody done this before?

CaptJon
    Free Member

Does the 800 have a ‘follow course’ function like the 705 does? If so, you could probably just do as you outline.

Rik
    Free Member

You upload a course and choose to follow it yes, but I’ll be doing part one day part the next, not sure how the Garmin will handle that esp with turning it off overnight mid-course? Also don’t know how it will look on Garmin connect?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Garmin 800 – touring multiday route help’ is closed to new replies.