• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by LoCo.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Garmin 800 edge & HRM setup.
  • LoCo
    Free Member

Have been trying to get these to pair for a while now just do not work, have tried everything:
    Wet them,
    full workout with HRM on etc
    and the 800 just will not pick up the signal.

I have got a GCS10 which has been setup and paired happily and reliably.

Any suggestions? 😀

Also ‘cheap’ power meter to work with the above, again any suggestions would be fab, cheers 🙂

ransos
    Free Member

Have you tried pairing the HRM with a different Garmin? Would tell you if it has a fault…

Rubber_Buccaneer

Has anything paired with the hrm? When I replaced the battery in my garmin hrm it stopped working but I read a tip on the internet to short the hrm by putting the battery in the wrong way round before inserting it correctly. Worked a treat. You could short the terminals with something else, the back of the battery is just easy to use. Don’t try connecting the battery with the wrong polarity though.

allan23
    Free Member

Is the HRM old enough that the battery could be duff?

I’ve found with mine if the contact area isn’t damp next to the skin I get artificially low readings rather than no connection.

I did have a Suunto watch a few years ago which became erratic at connecting when the battery was on it’s way out, it should be just a CR2032 battery for the Garmin HRM.

There is some Garmin advice to take the old one out and leave the HRM for 10 minutes before adding the new battery to avoid overloading and breaking the HRM. Not sure how critical that bit is.

Dibbs
    Free Member

Take the HRM battery out and put it back in the wrong way round for a few seconds, then put it back in the correct way.
    This sometimes resets the HRM.

LoCo
    Free Member

Cheers, ta a few other things to look into now, Thanks 😀

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Garmin 800 edge & HRM setup.’ is closed to new replies.