Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Garmin 800. Can I copy my Trail Bundle maps for a friend.
  • A friend of mine is after a Garmin Edge 800.
    The best deal I’ve seen is £300 at Halfords.
    Or there’s the bare device for £235 at Handtec.

I’ve already got the Trail Bundle, so if she went for the cheaper deal, is there any reason, apart from it probably being illegal, why I can’t copy my SD card to use in her device ?

scotroutes

Anyone telling you how to do this could be done for aiding and abetting a crime.

Of course they could, it was foolish of me to ask.
    So, if I was worried about losing my SD card, could I make myself a back up copy ?
    Could I then temporarily put that copy in a friends Garmin 800, just to verify that it works ?

cnud
    Free Member

Garmin maps are “married” to the SD card so you can make a back up copy but it will only work on that particular SD card. However…

A bit of searching on https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=255&pID=71454 turns this up under Card Requirements…

“This product may be unlocked and used on 1 compatible device. If you want to use this same map on subsequent units, you must purchase a new map for each device.”

Tell me more about “However…”

rondo101
    Free Member
    cnud
    Free Member

Feel free to email me

Thanks cnud. I’ve given my friend a link to this thread so she can email you if she hasn’t already sorted it out.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Garmin 800. Can I copy my Trail Bundle maps for a friend.’ is closed to new replies.