Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Garmin 705 on MTB stem?
  • iamsporticus
    Free Member

Ive had this Garmin 705 itch for longer than my job security has been dubious 🙂
    Things at work totally suck and Im looking for an impulse buy to cheer myself up

On the road its sorted – loads of room
    But will a 705 sit nicely on an 80mm stem if anyones using it?

Cheers

igm

Don't know but a Garmin Edge 500 does and it does OS co-ordinates(!) which I wasn't expecting

Andituk
    Free Member

705 is almost the same size as the Dakota I think, just slimer, and that fits my 80mm stem fine..

Pauly

Won't fit on mine, but sits neatly on the bars immediately to the left of my stem.

bol

It depends on the stem. The problem, if there is one, will probably be clearance rather than space. If that's the case, all you need to do is find something suitable to pad it out a bit beneath the mount.

DrP

You'll be fine – it'll sit just above the headset cap and the stem face (probably!)

DrP

woffle
    Free Member

Hmm – mine fits perfectly on my Hope, admittedly it's a 100mm but I have it sat high so it's almost over the bars (if that makes sense). The mount raises it over the front plate and bolts so I can't see how it would be a problem – there's a good couple of mm clearance. As above, worse case scenario you'd just need to fashion a shim to raise it that little bit higher…

beej

Yep, fine on all my bikes (road and MTB) with various stem lengths from 75mm upwards. The stem mount has a rubber wedge to get the angle right, and this raises it up enough to clear the stem cap and the front of the stem too.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Garmin 705 on MTB stem?’ is closed to new replies.