Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Garmin 605 problems
  • eviljoe
    Free Member

Dear All,

Having issues with my Garmin 605- used to work fine, but now can’t download routes from it. I’ve updated the firmware, and can now access the internal memory and the micro sd card by holding the joystick to the left, but the ‘current’ file that contains the data from current rides won’t connect to Garmin dashboard, or open through wheresthepath or through google earth…

Any thoughts how I can fix it?

Cheers

Joe

thekingofsweden

Same prob when I did my 705 wouldn’t work till I charged it using the wall charger then it worked fine
    had an iPod once that did the same

eviljoe
    Free Member

Cool, I shall give that a go. Any idea what caused it?

eviljoe
    Free Member

Hmm. That didn’t help. The ‘Current’ file opens but shows nothing. There is also an ‘lpt’ file. What’s that?

lipseal
    Free Member

Are you using the garmin connect?

eviljoe
    Free Member

Yup- it won’t detect new tracks

lipseal
    Free Member

Haven’t had a problem with mine even with the update, I just go to upload page and download them. Have you tried downloading the new update but it will erase the data.

eviljoe
    Free Member

Yeah, I have the update, didn’t make any difference. I don’t have any problem putting tracks onto the unit, just can’t take the tracks off that I have created. What would happen if I deleted the ‘current’ ggpx file? Would it create a new one?

eviljoe
    Free Member

Mornin Bump….

Any ideas anyone?

thekingofsweden

Google Frank Kinlan he seems to be the man

DavidB
    Free Member

Try repairing the usb drive that is added when you plug the garmin into your PC. It sounds like you have a corrupt file

eviljoe
    Free Member

Cheers- have tried error checking the drive, but nothing comes up as being wrong… will try Mr Kinlan….

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Garmin 605 problems’ is closed to new replies.