Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Garmin 520 Annoyance ?
  • paulmgreen
    Free Member

I’ve recently bought a garmin 520 to upgrade from dated and battered 500 . I’m delighted with the functionality of the 520 except for the fact that when you plug into charge it turns it on, which means it connects to phone, beeps , receives texts etc and lights up ?

It seems a bit crazy that it would do this but I can’t find any way to stop it ? Is there a way ?

wilburt
    Free Member

Turn it off?

paulmgreen
    Free Member

You can’t seem to turn it off when it’s on charge !

legend
    Free Member

Odd. 810s do that too, but you can switch it off while it’s charging. At least turn the Bluetooth off so it’s not connected to anything?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Odd that. Connected to an USB charger or a computer USB port?

orena45

My 520 turns off when on charge so not sure why yours won’t

naffa
    Free Member

You can turn Bluetooth off on the 520

markgraylish
    Free Member

Mine switches on when connected to a power supply but just press and hold to power switch on left hand side for a couple of seconds and it switches off….

munkster
    Free Member

More annoying on the 1000 (which seems to behave similar to the 520 when plugging in) is when you unplug when fully charged. Mine always switches ON, which is fine if you notice/remember… If not, you come to use it and it’s got zero battery the next morning. The ensuing ride did not exist in any real sense therefore, obviously 😉

deadkenny
    Free Member

If it’s connected to the computer charging, use the disconnect USB device option. It sticks it into the same charge mode as if connected direct to a power supply but turned off and then yank out the cable and I find powers off off instantly (but that’s with a 510).

Also dismounting USB on the computer makes sure the drive mount is removed else there’s a slight risk of corrupting things if you just yank out the cable without dismounting.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Garmin 520 Annoyance ?’ is closed to new replies.