Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Garmin 510 problem downloading
  • nosaintangel
    Free Member

Problem when i plug my garmin 510 into my pc via usb, pc shuts down has anyone else had this problem.

dunmail
    Free Member

Does it happen with any other USB device especially ones that appear as storage devices?

Superficial
    Free Member

I never connect mine to the PC. I always just sync via Bluetooth to my phone and it auto-uploads.

Obviously this isn’t a solution, just a workaround. Sounds like your PC is poorly.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Does it shut down as in power off or does it reboot? The latter is a driver issue most likely and/or something corrupt in your OS. Is this Windows, and which version? Got all the latest updates and patches?

If it actually powers off and doesn’t reboot then it could be a hardware power issue. Is it a desktop, laptop/netbook or tablet? If it’s anything working off battery, has it got enough charge, do you leave the Garmin plugged in a while as it will charge off the computer which will drain your battery and shut down?

As for the 510 and Bluetooth, good luck with that. Bluetooth doesn’t work for a lot of people and takes forever to get it to pair properly.

nosaintangel
    Free Member

using my cannon camera usb no probs .iff i just plug the garmin usb lead without the garmin connected it does’nt shut down.
    it shuts down and does’nt reboot with the garmin connected to the usb lead

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Garmin 510 problem downloading’ is closed to new replies.