Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • garmin 500 + washing machine = dead!!
  • cubemeup
    Free Member

can anyone help, i stupidly left my garmin in my shorts and washed them in the machine. i dried it out and but it wont switch on, is there anything i can do about getting it fixed or is it knackered??

Cheers

Chris

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

I cracked the display on my Garmin 500. I rung them, paid 64quid and they replaced it for me, a lot better then 150quid for a new one.

Worth calling them I’d say

cubemeup
    Free Member

i cant find a number for garmin

cubemeup
    Free Member

ok found it, can they fix water damage

Jamie
    Free Member

Erm…ring them and ask?

benslow
    Free Member

Try drying it out first without switching on.

Put it in airing cupboard in a bag of rice for a week before trying to switch on.

beaker2135

Accidental damage insurance on house contents?
    I doubt it will dry out, it’s not just water damaged detergent is corrosive

cyclistm
    Free Member

This:

Put it in airing cupboard in a bag of rice for a week before trying to switch on

Dont forget to charge the battery once its dried out.

mangatank
    Free Member

As Cyclistm says.

I found a disassembled smartphone scattered across a remote hillside road, soaked through after days of rain. I gathered it up and once home popped it into a bowl of dry rice, left it in a warm place and after three days charged it up and used it to call the suddenly delighted owner.

So there is yet hope 🙂

lucien

Standard price for all repairs as per above – go online, book it in, pay money and service from experience is mega speedy

Dibbs
    Free Member

Standard price for all repairs as per above – go online, book it in, pay money and service from experience is mega speedy

When I’ve dealt with them in the past they’ve just sent out a refurbished (as in new) unit by return of post.

legend
    Free Member

Know anyone that might have access to a vacuum oven? Failing that the rice technique would be next on my list

cubemeup
    Free Member

iv emailed garmin this morning but they havent got back in touch yet

beinbhan

I did this with an edge 705 I put it in bag of rice for a week in the airing cupboard it is still working a year later

Dibbs
    Free Member

iv emailed garmin this morning but they havent got back in touch yet

Don’t mess around with email use the phone.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘garmin 500 + washing machine = dead!!’ is closed to new replies.