Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • garmin 500 users
  • ed34
    Free Member

Does the elevation screen only show when following a course, or can you get it to show a profile of the new ride that you are currently doing?

secondly, on the course screen, can you scroll the elevation display or does it all just get crammed into the little box even if its a very long ride?

thanks

stumpy01

Yeah, I think elevation only shows when following a course. You can’t just select it as one of the normal data screens. Well, I’ve never found a way, and not sure why it would be useful as it would only display where you’ve been, not where you’re going.

I have a feeling that the elevation display scrolls along as you ride, rather than cramming it into that small screen but you can’t control it.
    Living in East Angular, I have little need to bother with the elevation plot so haven’t paid it much attention – the largest climbs I fit in are over humpback bridges…..

benji
    Free Member

I have had the total elevation for the ride as a numeric, useful for making sure was hitting strava targets for the rapha rising 😳

Can’t see why you can’t as you can display your heart rate and that’s not predictable either.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘garmin 500 users’ is closed to new replies.