Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Garmin 500 any good??
  • cubemeup
    Free Member

are these any good, all i want is to log my rides, time, HR etc on google earth with charts and graphs general rubbish like that to keep me happy at home!!
    i did use endomondo but work have down graded my Blackberry to a curve which has bo gps! gutted

mrblobby
    Free Member

Had one for a year now and it’s great.

cubemeup
    Free Member

what are the programs like with it?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    atlaz
    Free Member

I just use Strava (strava.com webpage application) to track my rides. The browser plugin just detects the Garmin when plugged in and you’re away. Oh, if you do sign up for Strava, let me know your email address so I can send you a link; it’ll give me some premium time for free 🙂

Andy_Sweet
    Free Member

I got one about a month ago… I use the Garmin Connect website to log the rides… very happy with it indeed…

onandon
    Free Member

i’m selling a new one in sales forum.
    email me if interested

clunker

Pleased with mine, nice and simple to use too.

DanW
    Free Member

How are these in the wet? I have heard a few reports of the water getting in in the winter months and the USB port being particularly venerable…

Thanks, DanW

ac282

Mine survived the K100 no problem…

Rubbish for navigation, great for everything else.

DanW
    Free Member

There are plenty of horror stories about screens cracking easily from offroad riding (no crashes) and not maintaining waterproofing… maybe these are just very rare horror stories.

Does anyone really use the navigation ability of the Edge 800? I can’t think of many times I want to follow a pre-planned route or get lost enough to wish for an interactive map on my bars. Knowing where I have been seems enough to learn about where various trails are located and to plan future new loops in my head… maybe I am wrong though?!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Garmin 500 any good??’ is closed to new replies.