Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Garmin 200 compared to phone app for recording strava
  • diz

Hi I currently record strava on my phone via the app, what are the benefits of getting a garmin please

daveh
    Free Member

Theoretically more accurate though this may mean you stop getting Strava achievements that you shouldn’t have been getting! Battery lasts way longer and you still have a full phone charge for emergencies. But, if its for mountain biking the 200 isn’t very good, you can’t have 1 second logging, only smart logging. In my experience the trace you get as a result is pretty poor, distances incorrect and it causes missed segments.

diz

Thanks Dave

mattrgee
    Free Member

Theoretically more accurate though this may mean you stop getting Strava achievements that you shouldn’t have been getting! Battery lasts way longer and you still have a full phone charge for emergencies. But, if its for mountain biking the 200 isn’t very good, you can’t have 1 second logging, only smart logging. In my experience the trace you get as a result is pretty poor, distances incorrect and it causes missed segments.

Very true.

daveh
    Free Member

😀

mikewsmith
    Free Member

better battery
    phone stays charged
    display on the bars
    water proof

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Garmin 200 compared to phone app for recording strava’ is closed to new replies.